Keypad Linc issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad Linc issues

I have several questions l. I have a large Insteon installation that has been running for 11+ years. By large I mean somewhere around 100insteon devices. I put them in as I built the house so they are everywhere. Stating last year I started to have some device issues.

I have 6 devices that are misbehaving. This is the first time in 11 years I have had any issues so all and all a solid system.

I am having several devices set to 9minute ramp rates and 0% on levels. I was able to factory reset some devices then reload the link table and they work ok. 3 of the 6 work after this process.
    1 works but the keypad linc powers of any time a button is pressed or a signal is sent to it. It is really weird. It is a 6 button the on off buttons work fine but is you press any of other 4 buttons the lights go off on the keypad for about 3 seconds and it misses all signals sent to it.

1 8 button keypad just flashes on and off not stop. The connected load does the same.

1 switch linc dimmer the load does not turn off. Once the device powers the load comes on. Toggle the switch and the leds go up and down but the load does nothing. I think I read somewhere this is a bad triac ? Not sure if that is a end user replaceable with moderately electronic experience.

Any help as to what would cause the random
    reprogramming and also the other device issues would be much appreciated.

The switch link dimmer description. On at power up and led level indicators go up and down but always near 100% . Does sound like the triac is shorted.
    I did see a how to change a triac message on Coccoontech Forums. Not super easy but you maybe able to do it.
    You may have power supply problems in some of the others. Filter capacitors always one of my first choices.
    If they are the older power line only models. Noise for a device maybe adding to the issues.

Comment

Ok do you put a filter cap on the incoming line?
      Do you have a Mf rating you think would best work?

Comment

No. The filter capacitors are in the modules power supplies.

Comment

Great thanks.

Comment

Hello, please contact support at https://www.insteon.com/support or email us at support@insteon.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Manpose View Post
              I have several questions l. I have a large Insteon installation that has been running for 11+ years. By large I mean somewhere around 100insteon devices. I put them in as I built the house so they are everywhere. Stating last year I started to have some device issues.

I have 6 devices that are misbehaving. This is the first time in 11 years I have had any issues so all and all a solid system.

I am having several devices set to 9minute ramp rates and 0% on levels. I was able to factory reset some devices then reload the link table and they work ok. 3 of the 6 work after this process.
              1 works but the keypad linc powers of any time a button is pressed or a signal is sent to it. It is really weird. It is a 6 button the on off buttons work fine but is you press any of other 4 buttons the lights go off on the keypad for about 3 seconds and it misses all signals sent to it.

1 8 button keypad just flashes on and off not stop. The connected load does the same.

1 switch linc dimmer the load does not turn off. Once the device powers the load comes on. Toggle the switch and the leds go up and down but the load does nothing. I think I read somewhere this is a bad triac ? Not sure if that is a end user replaceable with moderately electronic experience.

Any help as to what would cause the random
              reprogramming and also the other device issues would be much appreciated.

Same problem to you.

Comment

Working...
              X