No announcement yet.

Hub 2245-222 died after 2 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess this is the only why, hot sure how they expect you to do this when hub is dead ?

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...ew-insteon-hub

Comment

Originally posted by Dudealicious View Post
      Turns out mine died after 3 years of service. Not sure what the warranty is but they took it back and replace it. (Waiting for new unit to arrive)
      Here's a pic of the PCB. Very similar to Vino's...
      What's interesting is how every solder point looks like it melted the PCB to some degree
      Hub was plugged into a 4500 Joule surge protector so the failure definitely originated from within.

filedata/fetch?id=106252&d=1536972312&type=thumb
      Mine just bit the dust tonight and this photo is exactly where my burned out as well.

Can anyone advise where to purchase a replacement for that little guy, the C4 222J 450Volts unit? Thanks!

Comment

Is this a suitable replacement part? https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...319-ND/5861368

Edit: Looks like the leads are too far apart. Can someone please post a link to a replacement fo the C4 capacitor? Thank you.
        Last edited by jacobb; 08-06-2019, 10:08 PM.

Comment

My hub died a few days ago and after opening it up, looked a lot like Dudealicious in his post. Symptoms were the power lite did not come on. However, I used rubbing alcohol and cleaned up the scoring and carbon marks. Another discussion thread, which is now closed, recommended replacing C7 cap. Did that and the hub is now working again. C7 is a 47ufd electrolytic cap but I replace it with a 100ufd, probably not recommended but it worked. The old cap measured about 1/2 the value it should.
          Just wanted to renew that thread since this is the second hub 2248 hub I bought and didn't want to buy yet another one. This one lasted 2 years ago and failed. Thought this post might help someone else. I also want to thank the original posters for troubleshooting the cause. However, it seems to me that a number of people are having the same issue and hope the Insteon engineers are putting in a fix for this so the hubs last longer.

Comment

Working...
          X