No announcement yet.

Help with Hub 2 no longer connecting to Insteon servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if my hub isn't defective... it's just so weird... I really wish you could manually forward ports to make it work... seems so simple

Comment

Ok, I changed the DNS of my router, I used a google DNS instead, It works great! Thank you guys. Spread the word!

Comment

Good to know, THANKS!!

Comment

Mine works too! Thanks TFitzpatri8 for the DNS tip

Comment

Mine is back up now with no changing of the DNS. As an Insteon subscriber we had received a notice a couple of days ago that Insteon was going to be doing an update Tuesday night and there may be some interruption in service. Seems like the update must have fixed the problem with the CableONE ISP, so I'm now good to go.

FYI!!

Comment

wow... I just changed my DNS to the google DNS and it worked... I can't believe that was what it is... what in the world would DNS have to do with any of this?

Comment

The Domain Name System is like an internet telephone book. The DNS helps devices find cloud services. Perhaps Google has a bigger and/or better book
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I heard feedback that the CableONE DNS servers were blocking automation for Insteon and Wink. If you change the DNS server in your router to something else it will reconnect. I use 8.8.8.8 (google)

Insteon support has been talking with CableOne for a week or so regarding this and should be close to a resolution.

Comment

As I mentioned back on Dec. 7th, my Hub is back up and everything is work with NO CHANGE TO THE DNS. I'm assuming there latest update solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X