Help with Hub 2 no longer connecting to Insteon servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Hub 2 no longer connecting to Insteon servers

Hello, I'm trying to figure out what's caused my Hub to stop connecting like it should.

The issue started on Thursday 10/19 when I noticed the Hub's status LED was a solid red. I'm no longer able to access the Hub. My scenes were still working but I lost them when I did a reset.

I've tried everything I can find in the support documentation. I've cycled the power on the hub, modem, and router. I've checked the Insteon server status. I've checked my router log and the Hub is still registering traffic (or at least attempting to connect).

When I do a network diagnostic on the Hub I get double beeps on stages 4, 5, and 6.

Is there anything else I can try? Nothings changed with my home network and everything else (computer, phone, Xbox) is connecting to the internet normally.

I submitted a support ticket last week but since I haven't heard back yet I figure the gurus here might be able to help.

I'm still able to log into connect.insteon.com but none of my devices display their status. Nor am I able to make any changes

I haven't made any changes to the settings or hardware on my network.

I did try using different Ethernet jacks and I even tried using a different Ethernet cable.

Comment

ISP: Cable One w/ 100 mbps connection
      Router: Cisco Valet M10
      Modem: Motorola (not sure on model but I can check when I get off work)

The hub is connected to the router which goes directly to the modem.

Thanks for troubleshooting this with me, it's much appreciated!

Comment

I have exactly the same problem with my two hubs. I have one at home and the other one at my office. Both got the red light on and no matter what I've done, nothing seems to work. HELP!

Comment

I did speak to Insteon support on 11/22. The technician told me they are aware of this problem and that it is specific to Cable One. He said Insteon engineering was/is working with Cable One engineering to resolve the issue. It has something to do with the way Cable One is handling the interface to the Insteon servers, nothing to do with my Hub, router, etc.

I asked for n estimate and he said probably a few days but maybe longer due to the holiday. Told me to just keep looking for the red light to change to green once the issue is resolved.

I asked if there was anything on the forum and if updates might be posted there and he said there was nothing on the forum, but obviously there is.

Comment

Anybody have an update on this issue??

Comment

Nop, I still have two useless hubs.

Comment

I called Cable One and their 1st level technical staff is not aware of any issue with Insteon, had never heard of Insteon. They recommended calling Insteon back and asking for an update, which I did late this afternoon.

Comment

My Hub is still down going on two weeks today.

TFitpatri8, if it is a DNS issue would it impact multiple devices or can it be specific to just Insteon stuff?

Is there any way to know Insteon has identified the specific problem? Last I talked to phone support they didn't know.

I've never dealt with DNS stuff before but I'll do some research tonight and see if it changes anything. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I'm behind an AirPort Extreme and I've got a red LED... was working fine until around the same time everyone here started having the problem... I live in Myrtle Beach SC and have HTC (local ISP) as my provider... I called support and they had me reset the router, network reset on hub, etc... nothing really helped... anyone have any ideas? Could it be that the airport isn't playing nice?

Comment

I don't think its you cable modem (AirPort). When I called Insteon they had me initiate the internal Hub diagnostics. I think I had to hit the reset button three times quickly, maybe more like 5-times I can't remember. Once the Hub enters the internal diagnostics it emits 5 beeps. Each of the 5 beeps is indicating a pass or fail of each diagnostic. If its a single beep, that's a pass, if its a double beep, that's a fail. In my case the first two beeps were single beeps and the last three were double beeps, in other words it fail test #'s 3, 4, & 5. That's when the technician asked me for my ISP and I said Cable One and he confirmed this is an ISP/Insteon server issue, nothing to do with my Hub.

Anybody find a solution yet??

Comment

They had me run that same dig test... my last 2 failed... they said it was a connectivity and internet issue... however, nothing else is failing on my network... quite frustrating...

Comment

A connectivity issue can be caused by a problem Ethernet cable or port.
                          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I've swapped them both... new cable in a different port... the hub appears just fine on the LAN... just won't reach out for some reason.... I can ping, telnet to 25105, and otherwise do anything with the hub... however, it won't login to the Insteon servers and the app never connects... red LED

Comment

Same thing, not cables - my ios, Android devices, smart TV, Windows 10 devices are connecting fine through the same Moto cable modem, its just the Insteon Hub.

Comment

Working...
                              X