Insteon Hub Pro and Logitech Harmony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub Pro and Logitech Harmony

The Insteon Hub Pro will eventually work with Logitech Harmony smart control?

I'd love to get an answer on this as well. The lack of any communication about harmony support with hub pro is the one thing stopping me from buying one.

Comment

Question. What are model you referring to when you say hub pro. I have the 2245-222 hub and use the Logitech harmony home control with no issues. However, I am disappointed that the number of Insteon devices you can control with it is limited to only four, unless I'm missing something in it's setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy View Post
        Question. What are model you referring to when you say hub pro. I have the 2245-222 hub and use the Logitech harmony home control with no issues. However, I am disappointed that the number of Insteon devices you can control with it is limited to only four, unless I'm missing something in it's setup?

HUB Pro is the Apple Home Kit enabled controller from Smartlabs . . .
        Teken . . .

Comment

HUB Pro is a 2243-222.

Comment

Anyone from Insteon care to comment?

Comment

Bump... Bump... Bump...

Comment

Seriously Insteon... At this point I'm ready to give up on purchasing any of your products. Can someone just give us a firm answer on whether the Insteon pro hub is going to get the kind of third party integrations that are regularly announced for the other Insteon hub? I'm sure I'm not alone in hesitating to invest in your product ecosystem due to a lack of clear direction. I'd even consider purchasing the non-home kit hub and forsaking Siri support, so long as you don't plan to improve the hub pro in the near future.

Comment

In case this was not made immediately apparent.

Anything that is Apple Home Kit certified will operate with the HUB Pro. The HUB Pro is a Apple dedicated product and if a product like the Harmony from Logictech does not support Apple Home Kit it obviously won't be available for use.

That isn't a Smartlabs / Insteon problem that is the limitation imposed by Apple on third party vendors.
                  Teken . . .

Comment

When you are play in the Apple playpen. You have to follow their rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Teken View Post

That isn't a Smartlabs / Insteon problem that is the limitation imposed by Apple on third party vendors.
                      Philips figured out a way to do it. The new Hue 2.0 hub is compatible with: SmartThings, IFTTT, Echo, Harmony... AND is HomeKit compatible.

Comment

The Hub 2 (2245-222) is not HomeKit compatible. Only the Hub Pro (2243-222) is HomeKit compatible. You may be confusing iOS compatible devices (e.g., iPhone, Apple watch, etc.) with HomeKit.compatible.
                        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

'Hue 2.0' as in Philips Hue 2.0 hub, the one they release last summer I think. It is HomeKit compatible and works with IFTTT, Echo, Harmony... etc.

I was responding to Teken's insinuation that you couldn't comply with Apple's HomeKit requirements and make your devices work with other standards. Insteon for some reason is separating HomKit compatibility from everything else for some reason. Hub 2243 is Homekit, Hub 2245 is Harmony, Echo, etc.

I wonder if this is hardware limitations, or Insteon is planning to release these features to the Hub Pro as fine tune their software.

Comment

The Hubpro/Insteon is an aggregator app. It was designed to be used specifically with Homekit. Due to the design of the product you can control other Homekit devices which means it has limitations on what it can do outside of homekit. The Hue bridge is open. It allows you to use it with whatever you want but it is not tied to Homekit which is why you cannot take the hue bridge and add Insteon components to the app.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
                              The Hubpro/Insteon is an aggregator app. It was designed to be used specifically with Homekit. Due to the design of the product you can control other Homekit devices which means it has limitations on what it can do outside of homekit. The Hue bridge is open. It allows you to use it with whatever you want but it is not tied to Homekit which is why you cannot take the hue bridge and add Insteon components to the app.
                              I still don't understand what could compel insteon to design their product this way. Philips proved that apple isn't stopping anybody from making open products that work with the HomeKit standard, so why did insteon release a halfbaked hub that only works with HomeKit? I've been in limbo for a year now waiting to buy a HomeKit hub that will support both Logitech harmony and HomeKit. At this point I'd gladly buy a different remote that is HomeKit compatible but there isn't one in existence.

What a mess...

Comment

Working...
                              X