No announcement yet.

Windows 10 phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just add my vote here. I've spent time and money to equip my house with Insteon devices because of the initial support for Windows tablets and phones. The current situation is frustrating.

Comment

Same issue here with the Lumia 950. It is obvious that SmartLabs no longer cares about their Windows users. Last year I was told a fix is coming soon and that was for the location problem. I have tried contacting through Facebook, Twitter with absolutely Zero response. Spend all this money on Insteon switches. plug-in modules, cameras and to be ignored.. Nahh, time for a new home automation platform.
      INSTEON Hub II, Amazon Echo, Production
      Lumia 950 Windows 10 Mobile
      ​INSTEON APP doesn't work on Win 10 Mobile
      Netgear Router
      14 Devices

Comment

You are right cookmi1, time for something else. So my question is: What other automation system works on Windows 10 PC/Mobile? I have a full PC, a MS Surface Pro 3, HP Stream 7 and a Lumia 640XL, all running Windows 10. It will be less expensive to change my automation system than all my Windows Devices (I have a Hub v1, a thermostat and 2 externals dimmers).

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you guys, i'm about to give up. INSTEON support just keeps saying a new app "is coming, but no release date". Been saying the same thing for months. I'm guessing they haven't even started working on it. Putting all their dev time into Apple watch and Amazon Echo integration, crap like that. Have a feeling INSTEON won't be around for a lot longer though, as I'm seeing less and less of their products in stores and online shopping sites. Too much competition in the market, and INSTEON can't seem to keep any of their customers happy.

​So where to go for Windows users? I was thinking SmartThings. Their app looks a lot better, gets better reviews. However, while it works on W10M, it does sound like it has some bugs and is need of some updates. BUT it does work, so a lot more than INSTEON can say.

Comment

Originally posted by Caio View Post
            Ok, officially Windows 10 Mobile is not out yet,
            ​Yes it is. It ships on the 950, 950XL, 550, 650, and some others. The upgrade for earlier devices has not been released, but Win 10 Mobile has been out for some time. There is really no excuse for the state of Insteon software for Windows, phone or otherwise. It is unfortunate that the kits are still sold at the MS store, giving the impression they support windows. Even if a new version that actually will install on my 950/950XL is released, I have no expectation that any of the 'coming soon' features will finally be completed.

Comment

For those of you looking for an Insteon control app for your 2245-222 (Hub 2) that works with Windows 10 Mobile devices, there is an option for you: Homeboy. Homeboy currently supports Windows phone 8/10 and Android (including the Fire Tablet). It's fairly new and technically still in beta, so the functionality is limited—it can control lights, switches, appliances, and scenes, but not cameras, thermostats, and other devices. It's currently intended to be a "companion" app, still requiring one of Insteon's apps for device configuration and automation.

Homeboy scenes WP.png windows-phone-christmas.png

Full disclosure: I'm part of the Homeboy team...so I'm kind of partial to it.

Homeboy is currently available at no cost. If you're interested in finding out more, check it out at http://homeboycontrol.com. We're working to add more device, platform, and feature support in the coming months.

NOTE that Homeboy uses Insteon's new API and thus requires the 2245-222 hub (f.k.a. the Insteon Hub 2—the square one). Please check out our web site and app store product information to see if Homeboy will meet your needs.
              Attached Files

Comment

Neither the web interface or Homeboy (I own it and it sucks) is a real solution. The Insteon app never worked from day one on my 640XL or 950XL with any version of Windows. I agree this is very frustrating. All this money spent with promises and supposedly a working version for Windows 10 Phone only to find out that Insteon is just as basis as most other companies. At least Microsoft products will run on any platform. This is user centric world and no longer device centric.

I like to bash companies that say they have a diverse culture work environment but deep down they are truly not. Again, user centric not device. So if a user so chooses to buy a Windows Phone then they should not be limited to the apps and features. Like and car, you buy what you want and you can drive it on any road.

Comment

Just noticed a new version of the Insteon for Hub App is now available on the Windows Store for Mobile. I've installed it on my Lumia 950XL and it seems to work with everything I tried (thermostat, garage door, lights/scenes). Continuing to test, but this is an encouraging development. Thank you Insteon for listening us!
                  Last edited by DiesIrae; 07-07-2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I'm running the latest build of insider preview and update for me is not available. Lumia 640

Comment

My 950XL is on the latest standard release version (not on one of the insider builds). The Insteon for Hub app hadn't been showing up on the Store for this phone when I got it in January. I'd been checking for available insteon apps every so often and noticed it was there last week. Within the Insteon App it says it's version 1.1.3.3.

Comment

I was calling Insteon support today and they claiming that ver. 1.1.3.3 is the current one. I have confirmation from my brother that use Lumia 950 XL that version he was able to get 1.2.1.12 working on windows 10 mobil and supports HD cameras. Tomorrow I will call Microsoft support to get some more information on why update is not available for everybody.

Comment

Update. According to MICROSOFT the current version of Insteon is 1.1.3.3. After that, I contact the Insteon once again. And they told me that my brother, probably running some a developer or beta testing account. That's why he's getting updates.

Comment

Still no update for me either. And I am signed up as an INSTEON beta tester, and nothing has come down through that channel unfortunately. Nothing mentioned in the closed beta tester forum either. So really curious about this supposed new version, not sure if i'm believing it yet. I honestly don't think INSTEON has spent even a minute working on the Win10 app.

Comment

So after much messing around on a couple different phones, it looks like the INSTEON app WILL work on the production (Threshold) build of Win10 Mobile, at least I was able to get it to work. I I restored back to clean production build, and the app worked. However, once I upgraded the phones back to the insider (Redstone) build, the INSTEON app was broken once again. So I imagine until INSTEON gets their crap together and really fixes it, even those who have working INSTEON apps at the moment will find the app broken once the W10M Anniversary update rolls out in a couple weeks.

Comment

Some of screenshots my brother send me

A__5691.png A__0166.png A__72B2.jpg A__39E6.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X