Windows 10 phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 phone

Any update on Windows 10 mobile app? Currently INSTEON Hub app crashed on launch.

Originally posted by bijalkaria View Post
    Any update on Windows 10 mobile app? Currently INSTEON Hub app crashed on launch.
    I confirm that. INSTEON hub app just crashes on Win 10 Phone. Really would like to like INSTEON, but very little works on Windows, regardless of my buying a starter set at the Microsoft Store. Doesn't seem like they are particularly interested in Windows or Windows Phone. I would absolutely buy more if what I had worked more than half the time.

Comment

Same here...hoping for a beta soon

Comment

Same here with Lumia 950 XL...

Comment

Yep, mine too. Lumia 950 XL. Thx!

Comment

I have debugged the INSTEON Hun application on Windows 10 and it seems like it is a simple fix to make it work on Windows 10 mobile.

I was hoping for a new Universal app on WIn10 that will work on Win10 phone, Desktop/tablets and Xbox but if that is too much to ask, can we please have a fix for Windows phone app for Win 10 mobile?

​If someone form INSTEON is reading this, I am willing to share the fix - it is just one line fix. Please, Please fix it.

Comment

I don't think anyone that works for Insteon ever reads these forums. It's a shame.

Comment

This is basically a user-to-user forum, but some Insteon people occasionally pop-in. Or select: Feedback from the Hub App.
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Add me to the list of it crashing - Lumia 640 & 925

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
                    This is basically a user-to-user forum, but some Insteon people occasionally pop-in. Or select: Feedback from the Hub App.
                    ​Um, we can't open the app...

Comment

INSTEON is well aware the app is completely broken, and they have been aware for a long time. They keep saying a fix is coming "soon", its obvious its absolute lowest priority for their developers. Starting to think about jumping ship to SmartThings. Anyone tried that?

Comment

At least web access to the hub works via http://connect.insteon.com with the Windows 10 Phone Edge browser, though all the images on the device links are broken (of course...).

Comment

This is broken on my phone as well.

And my old phone runs Android, and the Insteon app crashes at startup on that one too.

Pretty aggravating.

Comment

The app is broken since june 2015 on my wp8.1 phone. Now it's broken on my Android AND WP10. This software is complete piece of shit. They just don't care about their product nor customers. I feel like they took my money and ran off. That sucks big time.

Comment

On Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview 10586.63 I'm not able to even install de Insteon for Hub app. Ok, oficially Windows 10 Mobile is not out yet, but in a few days we should have it. Hope, at least, they give us that Universal app they promised. Not defending them, on the contrary. Can't stand this situation anymore. I mean, I spent some money.

Also, there is an app from a third party publisher in the store right now, but it only supports Hub 2 and is far from a finished aplication. Very, very, far. Cams aren't supported, so u all can imagine...

Comment

Working...
                              X