Rebooting an Insteon Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebooting an Insteon Hub

I live quite some distance away from one of my Insteon Hub units. It does not happen often, but, sometimes I cannot get remote devices to respond, and have found that a reboot of the Hub will clear that up. Is there a way to send a command, or maybe once a day, have the Hub reboot? I saw this question posed elsewhere without a response, so am asking the question here. Thanks for your response.

Search for internet (IP) power switch. You'll be able to cycle power to whatever is plugged into it, even schedule power down and power restore. What I don't know is how it will affect the Insteon power line signal.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

OK, thanks. I was hoping that the Hub, as a small processor, might have some sort of remote reboot command built in. But an internet switch might do the trick. I will look into that.

Comment

Even if there were a remote reboot built in, you'd have to access the Hub to issue the command.;)
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X