Simple roller blinds controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple roller blinds controller

hi I'd like to have a open-close switch at the house door to open and close all blinds and one switch off all lights
    no need to be able to use it from outside
    what is the simplest and cheaper solution?
    thanks

What controls the blinds now? Are they line voltage, low voltage, battery powered or something else?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I still have to install them. I am restructuring an old house.
      probably line voltage as they will be anti intrusion
      but I am open about it

Comment

Any solution depends entirely on how the blinds are designed to be controlled.

I'm not sure how a particular power source differentiates anti-intrusion windows coverings from any other power source.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I check the Italian market. They will be line voltage (220V in Italy)

Comment

There are Insteon devices that can control blinds powered by 220V, 50Hz.

Comment

Should I install one device per blind or it is also possible too route the cables to a single control point. One device to control several blinds

Comment

That depends on how the blinds are designed to be controlled.

Comment

The system should work like this:
                  Local dual momentary command to open and close
                  local command for a set partially open position
                  remote control to open, close and partially open all the blinds of the 1st floor and 2 floor (two zones).
                  what Insteon devices do I need?

Comment

The [url="http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-micro-shutter-motor-controller-europe-869-mhz.html"]European Micro Motor Controller"] is the correct device. You'll need one for each blind. You also need a controller such as a Hub or KeypadLinc or Mini Remote.

Comment

The micro controller works fine behind existing standard switches for local control. Does Insteon supply also these? This will allow to have the same design for all the house switches (standard and smart)

Comment

Insteon products do not include non-Insteon devices.

Comment

Working...
                        X