Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to have an open/close program only run during certain times? And stay on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to have an open/close program only run during certain times? And stay on?

Hi there,

I am using the latest Insteon Hub and app for Android. I have an open/close sensor on my front door, and I have an Insteon wall switch that controls the lights over the door.

Right now, I have it programmed successfully so that when you open the door, the lights come on, and when the door closes, the lights go off. However...I'd like to do two things, and I don't know if the app can do this. (I think HouseLinc could, but I don't want to run that software for just one program...)

1) I'd like it so that the program only runs in the evenings. I don't need the light to come on during the day. I thought I could do this with the "schedule" feature, but if I set a schedule, it doesn't appear to do anything. No matter the time, the lights will come on when the door is opened.

2) I'd like it so that the lights would come on when the door is opened, and stay on for a fixed period of time, i.e. 1 minute, instead of turning right off when the door is closed. Is this possible?

I'm guessing this might be possible with additional programs, but not sure. Thanks for any advice.

The Hub is an entry level device. As such it does not support conditionals. If that's what you require, then you'll need something more sophisticated such as software or an ISY.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X