Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Questions

Hi,

​I was hoping to get some design advice/ideas from yall for my living room.

​In my living room I have an overhead light with a fan, where the light is connect via a three way circuit and the fan control is on a single switch. My wife loves lamps though and has 4 different lamps plugged into different outlets throughout the room. What I want to do is use two 6 button controllers in a virtual 3 way to control all the lights in the room along with some switched outlets. I would like it so that the A button is a scene that turns on the overhead and the B button is the lamps. When pressing the On button on either keypad it would turn all the lights and light up buttons A and B. I would then be able to press either A or B to toggle off either the over head or the lamps.

​I have the most recent hub, outlets, and switches already.

​Would this be possible?

Create a scene where the A button on each KeypadLinc is a controller of the overhead and B is a controller of the lamps.

Create a scene where the On button turns on both sets of lights.

The complex part is getting the button LEDs in sync, not between the KPLs, but the the LEDs when lighting is turned on or off by A & B vs On/Off.
    Last edited by stusviews; 03-26-2016, 01:02 PM.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

When creating a scene for the on button is it possible to to have it turn the scenes on and off or do I have to add all the devices to the button?

Comment

A scene cannot control a scene. Each device that you want controlled when the scene turns on/off must be included as a member of the scene. That's to prevent getting into an infinite loop. It also increases the flexibility of Insteon scenes.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That makes sense. I look forward to actually getting the time to diving into this head first.

Comment

Working...
          X