Newbie to Insteon - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to Insteon - Question

I am new on this forum and to Insteon technology.

I just received my new order with new Insteon devices for my house. The order consist of the following:
    - 2EA 2475DA1In-LineLinc Dual Band Remote Control In-Line Dimmer.
    - 1EA mini remote 4 scene [COLOR=#111111][FONT=Arial]2444A2.

The plan is to setup each 2475DA1 device to remotely turn on and off a set of 4 recessed lights per module using one remote, I do not want to have to cut open the wall to run switches to operate the lights. The remote has the ability to control 4 scene.

Here comes my question. How do I pair the remote with each separate module, the instructions I received with the modules are pretty vague.
    The other question I have is where should each 2475DA1 module should be located so the remote can transmit the signal to turn off or turn on the lights (do they have to be mounted in the wall, ceiling, attic).

Like I said I am new to insteon but look forward to numerous projects.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Here's the linking instructions to make the the Mini Remote a controller: [url]http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/2342-x32qs.pdf[/url]

What currently controls the lights? The usual location for an In-LineLinc is inside the ceiling box.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

In the particular location where we want the lights there is no ceiling box, just a wall switch that turns on a receptacle for floor lamps.

Comment

The 2475DA1 is a dimmer type Insteon module.
        You can not control an outlet with a dimmer type module. It is against the Electrical Code and could be dangerous if a load not made for a dimmer is connected to the outlet.

Comment

An In-LineLinc must be installed in a approved electrical box. If you want dimming for an outlet, then you can use either a LampLinc (2457D2) or an OutletLinc Dimmer (2472DWH).
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Thanks all for your quick responses. I am not planning on installing a dimmer in the outlet, that is the reason I purchased the dimmer. I want to install recessed lights without having to run wires in the wall. The electrical feed is going to come from a breaker.

Comment

The circuit begins at the breaker. The breaker is inside an enclosure, the panel. A device such as the I/O Linc must also be in an enclosure. Where and what will that enclosure be? Common enclosures include, but are not limited to, ceiling boxes and switch boxes.

Comment

Working...
              X