Cant create account or login when setting up new account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant create account or login when setting up new account

Hi all, I've been trying to setup insteon on my home network, so I've followed the instructions, which states,

Plug in Ethernet and Power

Download app and launch (yes on wifi connected to my home network)

Fill in details
    Email,Phone and Password.
    Select create account.
    Notifcation message popups stating i will recevied email and sms yes that arrives.
    I reply to SMS with 4 digit code, returns with invaild code.
    Click email link and says Can not find valid contact.

have i done something wrong
    any ideas ???

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by odb1981; 01-17-2015, 02:48 AM.

I'm having the same problem. I just dropped about $1100 to find out that i can't even log into the app on my iphone. I'm currently on hold for customer support and the wait time is 69 minutes. Kinda frustrating.
    Last edited by boxersam101; 01-17-2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Okay, finally got some results. To save you the trouble of having to call and wait; here's the procedure that was given to me to fix the problem of not being able to get authentication.

1. Firstly make sure your HUB is connected to your router. Then go to [B]Connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp[/B] and verify that the ID located on the bottom of your HUB matches the one shown on the website.

2. Factory reset your HUB by pressing the button on the back of the HUB a total of 10 times and you'll hear a couple beeps.

3. After that's done disconnect the HUB from the power source and hold the button on the back for 10 seconds and while continuing holding the back button reconnect the power plug and let go of the button and you should hear a few beeping noises.

4. Be sure that your iPhone is connected to the same WIFI connection as the HUB that's connected to the router

5. After all that has been done go to the Insteon App on your phone and create a new account with an email you haven't tried and once youre on the page that tells you to make sure your HUB is connected, hit DONE and you should be able to register and connect.

Hope this helps. Worked for me.

Comment

Hi Boxersam, thanks for the info, but i'm still have issues, following your instructions word for word, once i've hit done where it says make sure your hub is connect it takes me back to the create account screen and does nothing.

Comment

Fixed, I managed to obtain the username and password from the previous owner of the HUB and removed the account.

All is sorted and now on my way to setting the system up

Comment

Working...
          X