"Do Insteon switches need subscription?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Do Insteon switches need subscription?"

"Do I need to purchase a subscription for Insteon to integrate my Insteon switches with Home Assistant for smart home automation, or can I configure it without any additional costs? Please provide a step-by-step guide or a clear explanation on how I can set up Insteon switches with Home Assistant without needing a subscription, if possible. I am seeking a comprehensive understanding of the process, including any [URL="https://omegle.club"]omegle[/URL] potential limitations or caveats."
    Last edited by BhambriRohunu; 03-29-2024, 09:42 PM.

Subscription is for the Insteon HUB programs.
    What are you using to use Home Assistant?
    If it is a 2413S, 2413U PLM, UDI eisy with Home Assistant overlay. I would say no subscription is needed.
    Can't help with the Home Assistant and what you may have to use and purchase to use it.
    Last edited by BLH; 02-15-2024, 04:02 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

[QUOTE=BLH;n118552]Subscription is for the Insteon HUB programs.
      What are you using to use Home Assistant?
      If it is a 2413S, 2413U PLM, UDI eisy with Home Assistant overlay. I would say no subscription is needed.
      Can't help with the Home Assistant and what you may have to use and purchase to use it.[/QUOTE]
      Home Assistant does not require a subscription to control an Insteon hub devices. Devices can be manually added to the hub and Home Assistant sees them. Back when Insteon shut down, the first time I ran Home Assistant it saw the hub, asked for the hub user name and password, and discovered the Insteon devices.

Comment

Working...
      X