Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help on 2457D2 Dimmer Plug in

Hi all,

I bought a house that came with LampLinc™ – INSTEON® Plug-In Lamp Dimmer Module (Dual-Band), 2-Pin Model: 2457D2 which controlsthe Bedroom's recessed lighting by tapping the "Up" arrow on the dimmer itself. Please note, that there is no actual light switch in the bedroom. The dimmer itself is just plugged in a random outlet which controls the turning on and off of the ceiling lights.

I recently bought a new identical dimmer but I am unable to mimic the same function with the Bedroom's recessed lighting that the old dimmer can do. I tested the new dimmer with a plug in lamp and noted it work. However, when I plug it into the wall outlet and tap the "up" button, it does not turn on the ceiling lights.

I also have a hub that I can use to control the old LampLinc. However, the old LampLinc appears to have two different settings as described below:[LIST=1][*]When I use the Hub/App to turn on the LampLinc, it will only turn on the lamp that is connected to the LampLinc[*]When I physically push the "Up" button on the LampLinc, it will turn on the lamp and the bedroom's recessed lighting.[/LIST]I tried looking through the manual but was unable to figure out if there's two types of "On" settings? When I use the NEW LampLinc, I can only have it function as described in the Scenario 1 where the Lamp turns on. I'm struggling to figure out how the old LampLinc is programmed in a way that it is able to turn on the recessed lighting when I physically push the "Up" button.

Which leads me to two questions:[LIST=1][*]Does the LampLinc have two programmable "On" settings? Based on if I physically push the "Up" button or if I control from the app?[*]How do I program my NEW LampLinc to function like my old LampLinc?[/LIST]Thanks for your help in advance!

Is the new dimmer linked to the Insteon module directly controlling the lights?
    As it sounds like it is not linked to the module controlling the lights.
    Through the HUB or direct manual coupling to the module.
    Yes you can set the dim level and ramp speed and more than one scene can have a different level or ramp speed.

Comment

Hello,

1. The LampLinc does not have two programmable "On" settings based on physical button or app control. The difference you observe may be due to the specific configuration or setup of the old LampLinc.
      2. To program your new LampLinc to function like the old one, you may need to consult the user manual or contact the manufacturer for specific instructions on configuring the device for your desired functionality.
      [URL="https://www.kantimemedicare.us/"]KanTime Healthcare[/URL]

Best regard,
      Therencough
      Last edited by Therencough; 05-17-2023, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X