Sunrise/Sunset offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunrise/Sunset offset

Is there a way to add different sunset/Sunrise offsets to scenes? For example I have an indoor light I would like to come on 45 min prior to sunset and outdoor lights I want to come on 15 min before sunset. The older system was capable of this, but the hub and app version only allow a general offset, not customizable per scene. I have to adjust the indoor light to come on later or earlier (reprogram the start time) every couple weeks, based on season. This should be an easy fix, but have yet to see it in any update.

I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more great posts. [URL="https://www.nexusiceland.org/"]Nexus Iceland[/URL]
    Last edited by freddie0852; 03-21-2023, 09:14 PM.

Comment

You will be very happy to learn that with the new Director app that you can do just as you wish and it works perfectly. When you go to set this option you re presented with a list of offset times (both + and -).

Good luck!

Comment

When creating scenes using home automation systems or apps, the ability to customize sunset/sunset times depends on which system or app you have. Some may allow for this level of customization while others may not.

If your current system does not permit customized sunset/sunrise offsets per scene, there may be a workaround you can try. One possibility would be creating multiple scenes for the same lighting setup with each having its own offset programmed in; for instance, creating one indoor scene with 45 minutes and another outdoor one with 15 minutes.

You could then manually activate the appropriate scene based on your desired timing, or set up an automation to trigger it based on time of day. While this workaround may not be as elegant as having customizable offsets per scene, it could provide a way to achieve similar functionality within the limitations of your current system.

Comment

The ability to customize the sunset/sunrise offsets per scene would depend on the specific smart home automation system or app that you are using. Some systems may offer this feature, while others may not.
          If your current system does not allow for this level of customization, you may want to consider switching to a different system or app that does offer this feature. Alternatively, you could explore using third-party integrations or scripts to achieve the desired functionality.
          Another option would be to create multiple scenes for each offset time that you require, and then activate the appropriate scene depending on the season or other factors. This may require more initial setup, but could provide the level of customization that you need without needing to constantly reprogram the start time.
          Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-07-2023, 12:11 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
          X