start up problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

start up problems!

installed 6 button keypad onto hub but it shows up as a one button switch on my phone help please
    ty
    anthony

I just received my Insteon Director, set it up, but it gives me a message that it didn't work. It told me to try again; reboot the Director, doesn't work. Any ideas?

Comment

Hello
      It's possible that the device handler or the device type is not properly configured in your smart home platform or app, causing it to show up as a one button switch instead of a six button keypad. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Check the device handler: Make sure that the device handler you are using supports six button keypads. If not, you may need to find a different device handler that is compatible.

Check the device type: Make sure that the device type is set to "Keypad" instead of "Switch" in your smart home platform or app. If the device type is set to "Switch", it may show up as a one button switch even if it is a six button keypad.

Re-pair the device: Try re-pairing the device with your smart home platform or app. This can sometimes reset the device type and ensure that it is properly recognized as a six button keypad. [URL="https://www.benefitscal.biz/"]BenefitsCal[/URL]

Reset the device: If re-pairing the device doesn't work, try resetting the device to its factory settings and then pairing it again. This can sometimes resolve issues with unrecognized devices.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact the manufacturer or the support team for your smart home platform or app for further assistance. Hope so this suggestion will help you.
      Last edited by freddie0852; 03-19-2023, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Appreciative for sharing such mind blowing information.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 07-14-2023, 03:05 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
        X