One Module Control by Two Different Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Module Control by Two Different Hubs

Here is my setup, I have 2245-222 hub that controls most of my devices that I tend not to interact with, meaning they turn on/off lights on a schedule and the hub has all the water sensors. I just got a Homekit Hub 2243-222,I am planning to put modules and other items which I do plan to interact with and use Siri to turn on/off lights. I do not want to move all the module off the original hub due to the fact the Homekit hub control software lacks a number of features the 2245-222
    hub has like lighting ramp up and few other things.

The question: can a single module like a lamp module 2457D2 be pairs with both Hubs at the same time. I am seeing a couple examples where I might want to use Homekit hub to control the module which is on permanent schedule. If you can have it paired with two hubs which one takes precedence even if that matters.

I know you can have module linked to the Control Keypad as well as Hub, so I think two hubs should be no different than this.
    Last edited by Maestro; 01-21-2020, 12:38 PM.

It can but the experience will probably cause more problems than it's worth. Since homekit won't be aware of anything done outside of it, status will not reflect properly.

This means if you turn a light on via homekit but off via the home, it will not turn on should you tell it to turn on again via homekit since it will think it's already on. There are other things but that example gives you an idea.

Comment

Yeah I was wondering if the two hub would know the current state of the module. My understanding of insteon is the module broadcast their current state so if you turn it on at the module the hub will know it is on. However, I did see some odd behavior with the Apple's homekit app when I was playing around. I was experimenting with a light module and the light was on but homekit app show it as being off since I turn on the light manually. When I toggled the homekit app icon for the light it did turn it off and then eventually showed the correct state of the light.

The idea I have is some light which are on a fixed schedule there are time when I would like to turn them on/off from my phone or Siri.

I guess I try and have a module on the two hubs and see what happen, since my main question did insteon allow a module code to exist on two or more hubs at the same time. I was not sure if the module some how knew it was already paired with a Hub and would not allow a second pairing/linking to a different hub.
      Last edited by Maestro; 01-22-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X