Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRLighton
    replied
    Sorry about semantics. My usage of 'control' was meant to be a reference to the end user's interface. My 2245 Hub physically controls my house, but "I" control my house with 'Home'.
    'Home' may 'use' the 2245 Hub, or maybe the Honeywell thermostat, to then control the house.

I recognize that neither Google nor Insteon can like the two systems single handedly and need to work together. Which is the topic of my concern, I haven't seen any indication that this collaboration in under way. And my skepticism is reinforced by the lack of Insteon/Google Assistant collaboration, and "Assistant' has been around for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• stusviews
    replied
    Insteon is a home automation protocol. The link to the Amazon echo is for voice control of Insteon devices, not any other Echo capability. A possible reason for choosing the Echo it that the Echo was available, Google Home was not.

Again, home automation is the objective, not information services. Apple also has voice control (i.e., Siri) and there is an Insteon product for that. What do you mean by control is restricted?

Leave a comment:

• GRLighton
    started a topic Google Home

Google Home

Are we going to see Google Home support? Or is Insteon financially tied to Amazon?
    Granted, 'Home' has only been around for a couple months, but Google Assistant has been around since before Echo, and there was little movement there either.
    I love Insteon because of the vast capabilities in virtually every area. But what good is it if 'control' is restricted.

Amazon is a great shopping experience, and it's echo is geared toward that objective.

Google is a great information service, and that is what Home is geared for.

They are very different, and people choose one for those differences. Insteon should not be twisting arms favoring one over the other.
Working...
X