Temperature - Humidity Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature - Humidity Sensor

I would like to see a simple and inexpensive Temperature / Humidity Sensor.
    The first use case I have for one is the crawl Space of the house which houses the water pressure tank.

In the Winter if it gets too cold I would like to turn on a heater or something to protect the water tank and lines from freezing.

In the summer I would like to monitor humidity and ventilate the space if the humidity gets too high to prevent mold.

You can use an Insteon wireless thermostat, 2441ZTH, to monitor the crawl space. With an Insteon manager such as the ISY or software, you can automatically control a heater or ventilator based on temperature or humidity. The Insteon Hub does not have that capability.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

While the 2441zth is an option, I have found it the least reliable of all my Insteon devices. Moreover, the application being suggested does not require all the features of the 2441zth. A much simpler and less expensive device that only measures and reports temperature and humidity would have broad application. For example, attics, crawl spaces, remote properties, refrigerators/freezers?, etc. Available in two models, battery and AC, I would be one of the first in line.

Comment

Put me down as second in line behind you to purchase this type of device. They make a very popular water sensor and it seems like templating from that for temp and humidity would be ideal. I am currently monitoring temps via a I/O bridge device (https://iobridge.com) and Thingspeak (https://thingspeak.com). Unfortunately the I/O bridge device is no longer sold/supported. It could be replaced via Arduino board but I would prefer an easier seamless Insteon solution.
        Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
        20 Insteon Modules
        Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
        HD Camera 2864-22X
        SD Camera 75790
        iPhone 7
        Apple Watch

Comment

Working...
        X