INSTEON 2867-222 ALERT MODULE - Future Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INSTEON 2867-222 ALERT MODULE - Future Upgrades

Since this device has been released no one has stated what this device should have and what failings are present. I would like to see the next generation of this device to have the following in no specific order.

- Micro SD slot: This would allow the end user to use any sound they wish from music, spoken audio, to different tones / sounds. It goes with out saying this device must support all the common sound formats like WAV, MP3, etc.

- Speaker: The outer casing should have a screen or slits to allow the speaker / siren sound to escape the housing.

- LEDs: The next generation of this device should have multiple LED's spread across the case. They should be RGB LED's so any color could be defined and be assigned to any action / condition. It goes with out saying native beep and flash should be part of this hardware.

- Motion Sensor: Incorporate a motion sensor so it could be used as a actual motion siren.

- Voltage Detection: This device should detect line voltage. Because it has a battery back up it could send off an alert that power was lost.

- Battery: This device should have a (AAA) battery so in case of power loss it can continue to operate for a limited time.

Should others find value in these suggestions and upgrades please do select the *LIKE* button as this is the only way Smartlabs will be able to see and know the need for such improvements.
    Teken . . .

The present model is not very loud and hard to hear at any distance. A grill on the front case so the sound can exit the unit would make it easier to hear.
    Giving the needed programming data to UDI so they can add it to their ISY994i line of supported devices would be nice. I understand they have an evaluation module for over two months but no one at Smartlabs will give them the needed information.

Comment

I would be happy if you could just adjust the alarm to one beep so you can use it with a motion detector. Right now it goes off for thirty seconds because that is the lowest reset on the motion sensor. It drives our dogs nuts. I use it to tell me when someone drives up our driveway.

Comment

BuzzLinc
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that.

Comment

I made a BuzzLinc as suggested and it works great. A little pricey but almost perfect. The only thing that is weird is the buzz is delayed. I'm using a motion detector to command the BuzzLinc. When it senses motion the BuzzLinc doesn't buzz for about 30 seconds. Any thoughts?

Comment

What are you using to link the MS to the BuzzLinc?
              Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
              Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
              X