Insteon Thermostat with temperature alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Thermostat with temperature alerts

I would like to see the thermostat be able to send alerts if the temperature rose above or fell below user set points. I have two properties and it would be nice to be able to be away from either of them and be alerted if the set temperature range was not being maintained. Especially important when the temperature here hits -40 as it does not take long for a building to freeze if the furnace were to malfunction.

An ISY can do that.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I agree it would be nice to see all TSTAT makers support this simple idea natively within their hardware. Given most of these smart thermostats now indicate weather for cast, track energy consumption, and run time. Its not a stretch this simple idea could be offered and done with out the aid of a 3rd party controller.
      Teken . . .

Comment

Working...
      X