SynchroLinc really needs dual band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SynchroLinc really needs dual band

I was going to order 4 of these, then I realized they were not dual band. It took poking around a bit, but documentation stated what I assumed was true. Don't plug them into a line filter (Duh).

Now I think the most likely volume use for the device would be what is touted in the documentation. Control a bunch of different electronics from a SynchroLinc attached to a computer or other electronics. (e.g., sound system). Pretty much everything on the lists of controlling device and controlled device are likely to be on a multi-outlet filter and surge protection strip. The odds are good (without adding multiple power strips) there is more than one load on a strip. There is a plug-in switch module with dual band, so that half is there.

So, of all the Insteon devices, the SynchroLinc most needs the dual band function to allow it to bypass the filter strips.

You are correct that power line power line problem devices are the most likely devices to benefit from a SynchroLinc. SH has been developing dual-band devices. There were originally no dual-band devices, although having a dual mesh network was in the protocol from the onset. It's not just a matter of sticking a radio into the case. I suspect that fast/volume selling products get developed first, followed closely by highly requested products such as the On/Off Outlet which allows control of both outlets.

But, I'm not one to wait when I can benefit now. I use the SynchroLonc to power a FilterLinc and plug the electronics into the FilterLinc.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X