KeypadLinc Button Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeypadLinc Button Labels

Include custom etched buttons with each KeypadLinc then buyers will be fully aware of the cost of these devices. Segregating the labels from the device has resulted in the unreasonable pricing structure for custom etched buttons. The former price of $20 for such buttons was very high--the current price of $50 is outrageous. That brings the total cost of an installed 8-button KPL to $159.95 and a 6-button to $149.95 not including shipping!

Given the lack of support, I assume everyone must be satisfied with the current price of custom etched keypad buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
      I understand your frustration. Custom is pricey, to be sure.

While it doesn't address your concerns directly, I'll share that I've been known to use blank buttons ($6 a set) and label tape to label newly-installed buttons while I confirm that the button arrangement and labelling makes sense to all users. A month after initial install, I can check back in to see what changes might make sense before committing to expensive, custom-etched buttons. Sometimes that even gives Smarthome a chance to put the custom buttons on sale.
      I obviously didn't make my point well in terms of my proposal. I was seeking to improve the clarity of what it will cost a purchaser to own and install a professional appearing KPL. I dare say that many first time purchasers will not have this awareness plus, others such as myself, have several and were waiting to make final decisions as to what buttons I wanted. At $20 they were ridiculously expensive. Now!! It's not just that custom is pricey it is also whether it is a reasonable price point. Perhaps if someone from Insteon would share their rationale/need for this change it would be less problematic. I have more than 80 Insteon devices and two ISY's so I have a huge stake in how Insteon prices continue to evolve.

Comment

Why not plain buttons and you can make your own labels with P-touch, or are there plain buttons already, I don't explore the Smarthome site that much. I just go after what I want and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by smokegrub View Post
          I obviously didn't make my point well in terms of my proposal. I was seeking to improve the clarity of what it will cost a purchaser to own and install a professional appearing KPL. I dare say that many first time purchasers will not have this awareness plus, others such as myself, have several and were waiting to make final decisions as to what buttons I wanted. At $20 they were ridiculously expensive. Now!! It's not just that custom is pricey it is also whether it is a reasonable price point. Perhaps if someone from Insteon would share their rationale/need for this change it would be less problematic. I have more than 80 Insteon devices and two ISY's so I have a huge stake in how Insteon prices continue to evolve.
          Have you ever priced or bought custom button. Somfy charges $5-10 per button Leviton UPB buttons are $42.81 each, $120 for a 6-button set, 8-buttons will set you back $142. See: http://www.discounthomeautomation.co...tches-LV38A062 Lutron doesn't even publish their price.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Amazon has a set of 50 common popular etched name buttons for $22.91 I was able to do two 6 button KeypadLinc switches with the names I needed out of one set I purchased.

Look for "Insteon 2401BT50 Popular 50-Button Set for KeypadLinc, White" on Amazon

Comment

Avery 18667 Clear Return Address Labels + Arial Bold Font, 7 pt + a sharp razor blade. Problem solved!
              Last edited by carealtor; 12-03-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X