No announcement yet.

Wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I thought that 2457D2 (what I have) was the latest hardware revision. The support page has the manual specifically for that model:
    LampLinc Dimmer Module (Dual-Band) (2457D2) http://www.insteon.com/pdf/2457D2.pdf
    That's where I could not follow the flow chart all the way to factory reset.

Any ideas on how to remove schedules that are not connected to any devices? i.e. after the removal of the associated devices?

Comment

Try the older Factory Reset.way
      Disconnect from power 10 seconds.
      Plug back in while holding the set button. It will beep.
      Keep holding the set button until the beep stops.

What is the date code and exact model number on the 2457D2?

Does the 2457D2 follow the flow chart and just not work or you can't get it to the second green state in the horizontal row as the chart shows?
      Last edited by BLH; 10-21-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I think so. How do I know the date code? The label only has conformance and certifications.

Comment

There will be a four digit number on a label unrelated to anything.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I found the manual for the older 2457D2 if yours did not follow the Flow Chart in the manual support had you download.
            http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/2457D.pdf

Comment

Yes, I apologize. I did not see these detailes before as this small sticky is above and outside of the main label. What I have is:

2457D2
              R3.2

The document above from support cache is more like it! Thanks, BLH and stusviews!

Comment

I am glad it helped.
                If I had asked. If holding the Set Button made a Green Flash, hold again a Red Flash then hold again went back to a Green Flash. That would have been more like the later manual with the flow chart would work.

My 2457D2R {R refurbished}
                R3.4
                Would Flash Green then Flash Red but never go to the second Flash Green on the flow chart. It did follow the older 2457D2 manual I found on the Smarthome site

Comment

Originally posted by map View Post
                  Yes, I apologize. I did not see these detailes before as this small sticky is above and outside of the main label. What I have is:
                  2457D2
                  R3.2
                  Week 32 of Year 2013.
                  Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Dear insteon experts,

What do you think of this situation:

Background: I have installations in two houses (say A and B), two hubs, hence two accounts. Almost identically equipped: multiple door open/close, motion, leak sensors, plug-in dimmer modules, 1-2 cameras. Plug in modules quit working at house B all of a sudden (showing yellow dot in the app). The thread above has the details.

Here is the latest update (I am totally puzzled):

1) I attempted to remove the plug-in modules at house B from the hub via the Android app. No luck. Had to "force remove" them.
                    2) Tried factory resetting them. Works as advertized.
                    3) Then adding one at a time. No luck, it does not even show "found device" as before. The beeping stops, and if you try to press "Next", it starts the 4 min timer and nothing else happens except for the rotating circle and time decrementing. Note that the plug-in module is plugged in to the same outlet as the hub.
                    4) Note - ALL other devices and the hub work just fine at house B.
                    5) Suspecting that the plug-in modules went bad, I bring them to house A (different account/hub). Adding them takes less than 1 minute each.

What is going on? Any ideas?

The last thing I want to do is to perform a factory reset on the hub (and/or delete and recreate the account for house B). Is there anything else that can be tested or done?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

You can factory reset the Hub and not lose any of your settings. If you keep the same credentials, then the cloud will repopulate the Hub.

But, first, try some troubleshooting. Use a long extension cord to power the problem Hub from another part of the house.

Comment

> You can factory reset the Hub and not lose any of your settings. If you keep the same credentials, then the cloud will repopulate the Hub.

This procedure sounds pretty involved and does not seem to be easy:

Factory Reset
                        If you have already set up the Hub in the app, you must first delete your account prior to factory resetting the Hub. If
                        you have added any INSTEON devices to the app, it is strongly recommended that you factory reset those devices
                        prior to deleting your account and factory resetting the Hub.
                        Delete Account
                        1) Go to the Edit Settings page by tapping the settings button and selecting Edit Settings
                        2) Select Account
                        3) At the bottom of the page is a Delete Account button. Tap button to delete your account (this cannot be undone).
                        Factory Reset Hub
                        Page 22 of 26 Rev: 9/27/2013 4:17 PM
                        1) Remove power from INSTEON Hub
                        2) Press and hold INSTEON Hub set button. Do not let go.
                        3) While continuing to press and hold the set button, re-apply power to INSTEON Hub
                        INSTEON Hub will begin to emit a long beep
                        LED will turn red
                        4) After beep stops, release INSTEON Hub set button
                        After a few seconds, INSTEON Hub will double-beep
                        LED will turn blue
                        LEDs on the Ethernet jack will flash

> But, first, try some troubleshooting. Use a long extension cord to power the problem Hub from another part of the house.

I will also have to get a long RJ45 patch cord since the hub is now near my router.

Comment

Leave the Hub where it is. You only need to provide electric power from a different part of the house. A garage is usually a good source, separate circuit, minimal electronics.

Comment

Thanks. I understand. One thing I am still confused about, is that if I follow the hub reset instructions from the hub manual, I will have to delete my account and factory reset all the devices. Does that mean I will have to start over with setting everything up? Or will your comment about the cloud repopulating the hub still apply? What am I missing here?

Comment

First try the remote power source. The next steps are based on those results. A goal is to not have re-add devices nor have to re-create scenes and/or schedules. Starting over is a last resort option.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I will test with the remote power source. If it works though, what do I do next? Think about relocating the hub somehow?

Comment

Working...
                                X