Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring back the KeypadLinc Timer 2484D (NOT to be confused with the TimerLinc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back the KeypadLinc Timer 2484D (NOT to be confused with the TimerLinc)

The 2484D was the perfect and *ONLY* bathroom fan solution. It was a reason buy itself not to use other smart lighting systems. Since it was discontinued, I've unfortunately had to resort back to just using regular non-smart timers.

That said, I wouldn't call it the KeypadLinc Timer. Instead call it the Bathroom Fan Timer or something similar. How many folks even knew there was a bathroom fan solution before?

I have brought this up in one of the podcasts, but the new team has a lot to do. Still, I'd really like to see that product, or a similar one come back. It seems like just an 8 button keypad with custom software installed. I have them in each bathroom and love how they match everything else in the house. Not much need to remotely control or monitor them, but it's nice that it's possible. I rarely use it, but the option of voice control to turn the fan off is also nice. Let's start a movement to have it return !

Comment

YES! bring them back and make them Dual Band!

Comment

Eric_Washington_DC I do actually time-to-time use the control functionality but yes less than other lights (someone leaves the fan on, in the middle of business/didn't turn it on, etc..) . To me though monitoring is just as important as any other device. A truly smart home will provide you status on everything in the house. If I let someone use the 2nd home its nice to be able to see they didn't leave something on. Looks-wise you are 100% right. This in itself is full justification. Plus they just work perfectly. Better than the leading non-smart timer switch. Was searching for used ones again today... no luck. I do have a few stockpiled but saving those as spares for existing installs. If anyone wants to sell theirs let me know!

This all said, to do this they probably also need to bring back the 2487S six and eight button KeypadLinc "Swtich" Looks like they just have the dimmer today. The KeypaidLinc "Switch" is another staple. Had to buy a used one the other day. Thankfully found one!

Comment

Does the Insteon staff read this board ? Just wondering if our desire is getting up to the management.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric_Washington_DC View Post
            Does the Insteon staff read this board ? Just wondering if our desire is getting up to the management.
            Yes! these posts are read.

Comment

Ok i actually never knew these were a thing. I could totally use these! please add my count as another of the 'bring it back"! vote

Comment

Working...
              X