A real 3-way switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real 3-way switch

Thinking something like back in the old X-10 days where you have the smart switch, and then just a regular switch or dummy at the other end.
    It was a much less expensive option than buying two smart switches, now at around $40 each.

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more.
    My PepsiCo
    Last edited by Isabelle; 08-30-2022, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I am just want to say that Yes, it is possible to use a combination of a smart switch and a regular switch to control a single light or set of lights. This is commonly known as a three-way switch setup, where one switch controls the lights, and the other switch controls the power to the first switch.

To achieve this with a smart switch, you would need to install the smart switch at the location where you want to control the lights, and then install a regular switch at the other end of the circuit. You would then need to ensure that the wiring between the two switches is properly configured to allow them to communicate and control the lights.

Some smart switches, like the Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Lighting Dimmer Switch, come with an additional Pico remote that can be used as a second switch in a three-way setup. This allows you to control the lights from either end of the circuit using the Pico remote or the main smart switch.

It's worth noting that not all smart switches are compatible with three-way setups, so you'll need to check the product specifications before making a purchase. Additionally, you may need to hire a licensed electrician to install the switches if you're not comfortable working with electrical wiring.
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 03-24-2023, 10:26 AM. Reason: removed hidden link

Comment

Working...
      X