Green (auto-off) feature for hub please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green (auto-off) feature for hub please

Please add a feature to set an auto-off timer for switches, plug-ins, etc.

Use-case: Hub allows each device to have a configurable count down to turning the device off, restarting any time an "on" message is received by the hub for that device. When my kid leaves the bedroom light on, the hub automatically sends an off command after x minutes.

I know this can be done with 3rd party hubs and software. Wouldn't it be nice to have features like this added to the native hub. The native hub works seamlessly with Amazon Echo, etc, and adding features/functionality to that hub is a big opportunity for the new app to reinvigorate Insteon users.

Features like that encroach on conditional logic which takes the hub from 1 realm into another. It was designed for basic control and schedules which is why it's so cheap compared to other controllers.

If the desire to invest in the proper controller for the task isn't there, you can achieve the same by using motion sensors in the problem locations. This is actually the best way regardless of controller as you no longer have to worry about lights going off while someone is in the room

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      Features like that encroach on conditional logic which takes the hub from 1 realm into another. It was designed for basic control and schedules which is why it's so cheap compared to other controllers.

If the desire to invest in the proper controller for the task isn't there, you can achieve the same by using motion sensors in the problem locations. This is actually the best way regardless of controller as you no longer have to worry about lights going off while someone is in the room
      It is not practical in a public setting.

Comment

You can do this with a switch & an O/I Module. you just have to set the Module to momentary & set the time to whatever you want the countdown to be & then jump the relay terminals so it works properly!

Comment

I got bought among other items two DinRail On/Off relays.

One is wired to a hot water reticulation pump, the other for an irrigation pump. Pre purchase it did not occur to me to check if the App had the option to set a scene that was auto-off time based. It seemed such a rudimentary option that is easily programmed into the app. Am I disappointed or what.

And also have a LED globe in a room that requires an auto-off much like cwhogan who started this post.

Please add this option for all the situations where an auto-off is required.
          Last edited by Ottoinoz; 12-11-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X