Arm Alert Module via iOS app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arm Alert Module via iOS app

Am I missing something with the new alert module? I would expect to arm, then if a door sensor, motion sensor, etc is triggered then the alert would sound? But I can't even figure out how to get any of this configured. The user manual is absolutely worthless. All I have been able to do is create a scene that alerts if front door sensor or motion is triggered. I called insteon a few weeks ago and the "tech" didn't even know that in April, an iOS app update was released that states in the first line of the description that support for the alert module to arm/disarm was added. He just kept telling met that arming from the app wasn't possible. Support was about as helpful as the manual. I hope someone here has a little insight. I appreciate any help!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by ChrisRose; 05-31-2016, 08:22 PM.

Thank you, unfortunately I'm not able to get it to work 100%. I realized I had also setup an alert for some water sensors, so I deleted all the scenes and started fresh. I created a new scene, but the alert module always has the green indicator, even when armed. It is also always showing armed, even when you try and disarm. So it is basically working like a normal always on scene that has a motion trigger. I also verified this at the motion sensor as well. I would be alerted with the configured chime no matter what status I put the alert module in (I hoped it was actually disarming and the app just wasn't displaying properly). I removed and re-installed the iOS app, and removed the alert module from devices and reset it to factory default and reconfigured, just to cover the basic troubleshooting but having the same results. I'm thinking maybe the alert module needs replacing? Thanks for the assistance!

Comment

It may be worth noting that I have the older 2242-222 hub. Regardless of whether the hub is the issue, should I consider getting the newer non-HomeKit hub 2243-222? I won't consider the hub+ until all of my devices are supported.

Comment

Yes, it is in the US, with US devices. The App Version is 1.13.0 and app build is 314. I am trying to control the alert module. I was thinking armed would be red instead of green. So what's happening is the opposite of what I explained in the earlier post. The alert module is always armed, and is not disarming. I do get the decora type switch, but no matter how many times I select disarm, it always states armed and a green indicator. I did try controlling the scene as well, and I get a momentary green indicator and the alert module will alert.

Comment

Users manual says the Alert Module's LED is Red when disabled and Green when enabled.
          I am not using a HUB or app so I can't say what colors it displays.

Comment

I updated to the new iOS app just a couple days ago, but still the same result. I did notice when I go to add a member to the scene, there is an option for arm/disarm. Could've been there before and I never noticed it. Attached a screenshot.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

To update, the new iOS app update 1.13.2 that was just released fixed the arm/disarm problems I was having. For the first time I'm using the alert module as I intended.

Comment

Working...
              X