Insteon failed to honor warranty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon failed to honor warranty!

I purchased an Insteon 2842-222 Wireless Motion Sensor 2 months ago. It stopped working yesterday and when I called Insteon support they were ready to have me send it back until they determined the store I purchased from was not an authorized reseller. This sensor was purchased new sealed in box and it failed in 2 months. I have a large Insteon system and this is the first failure I have had. I was disappointed to learn that the manufacturer was not interested in standing behind their product and satisfying the customer. So a word of caution to anyone buying Insteon products. Be careful where you buy from.
    Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
    20 Insteon Modules
    Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
    HD Camera 2864-22X
    SD Camera 75790
    iPhone 7
    Apple Watch

There are any number of companies that won't honor a warranty if the item wasn't purchased through an authorized seller. Most often the seller bears the responsibility, at least for a limited time. Have you checked with the seller?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I went to the seller first. They gave me the warranty information and had me contact Insteon.
      20 Insteon Modules
      HD Camera 2864-22X
      SD Camera 75790
      iPhone 7
      Apple Watch

Comment

For the benefit of potential buyers, which seller?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The seller was ZH Retail Services, Inc.

20 Insteon Modules
          HD Camera 2864-22X
          SD Camera 75790
          iPhone 7
          Apple Watch

Comment

Where did you find them at?

Comment

They sell on Ebay under the name TheCandidCow.
              20 Insteon Modules
              HD Camera 2864-22X
              SD Camera 75790
              iPhone 7
              Apple Watch

Comment

Working...
              X