Poe cam on hub app iOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poe cam on hub app iOS

Has any one got a Poe camera to add to the hub app? Seems like it found all my wireless camera non insteon bands over Ethernet but non of my Ethernet only Poe cameras. Want to do Poe cams but able to use insteon app. Any brands work for you? I read once that all foscam cameras will work but that include Poe?

The hub only supports Insteon cameras. There are reports of some people getting foscam cameras to add but I haven't seen any rhyme or reason to specific circumstances

Comment

thanks, i just been going over to insteon wish they would have higher megapixal

Comment

Nearly any camera can be made POE. There is no list, Insteon cameras are the only brand specified as compatible with Hub, but some Foscam cameras are.
        Last edited by INSTEON John; 09-20-2023, 01:08 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Ensure that both your cameras and the Insteon hub app are running the latest firmware versions. Sometimes, compatibility issues are resolved through software updates.
          just fall

Comment

While the Insteon Hub app can detect and control some wireless cameras, it's not currently compatible with PoE (Power over Ethernet) cameras. This is because PoE cameras require additional configuration steps and specific network settings that the Insteon Hub app doesn't handle natively.

If you want to use PoE cameras with the Insteon Hub, you'll need to connect them to a separate PoE switch or router that supports the necessary network protocols. This will allow you to view the camera's feed and control its features using the Insteon Hub app.

As for Foscam cameras, they generally support PoE connectivity and can be integrated with third-party systems using their proprietary software or APIs. However, the compatibility with the Insteon Hub app depends on the specific Foscam model and firmware version.

If you're looking for a PoE camera solution that works seamlessly with the Insteon Hub app, you might want to consider other brands that offer native compatibility. Some popular options include D-Link, Dahua, and Canary. These cameras often come with user-friendly apps that can be linked directly to the Insteon Hub for easy management and control.

Remember to check compatibility with specific models and firmware versions before making a purchase.

Comment

Working...
            X