Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easier way to turn motion alarm on Insteon IP Cameras on and off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easier way to turn motion alarm on Insteon IP Cameras on and off?

I have my Insteon HD cameras setup to email on motion. Particularly useful when we are away. But I don't want to get emails when we are in the house walking around. The schedule doesn't help, especially if we run out to the store etc and just come right back. Is there an easier way to turn off the motion alarm while I am in the house and easily turn it back on when we step out outside of the a schedule? It is kind of a pain to access each camera to turn the alarm off/on. Maybe I am missing how to do it, but would love to figure this out. Thanks.

I hadn't thought about using an on/off module. That would be quick and easy to flick on and off. That might be the easiest solution. Thanks.

Comment

I have used on/off modules for that same purpose. I also wanted to be able to remotely shutdown a camera if it starts sending constant Emails. This rarely happens but it is nice to always have that control.
      Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
      20 Insteon Modules
      Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
      HD Camera 2864-22X
      SD Camera 75790
      iPhone 7
      Apple Watch

Comment

I use my Amazon Echo with insteon on/off switch to control my Lorex camera. Works perfect. Just tell Alexa to turn on/off when I leave or return to the house. Also have a red light in a scene with the camera, so I remember to turn off the camera so it doesn't sent a email or sms.

Comment

Working...
        X