MiLocKs Alert Capability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MiLocKs Alert Capability

Am I missing something? I purchased the $90 MiLocks deadbolt and the $40 Insteon controller thinking I could make life easier for an elderly relative and keep the family' in the loop' at the same time. But the Insteon controller only locks/unlocks the MiLocks device? No alerts? No other options to control this device? Can't add or change codes for the deadbolt via the app? Again, am I missing something? Do I need to upgrade to a different controller or a different smart home device provider?

I have the 2245-222 controller.
    Last edited by satterdw; 02-27-2016, 09:04 PM.

Originally posted by satterdw View Post
    Am I missing something? I purchased the $90 MiLocks deadbolt and the $40 Insteon controller thinking I could make life easier for an elderly relative and keep the family' in the loop' at the same time. But the Insteon controller only locks/unlocks the MiLocks device? No alerts? No other options to control this device? Can't add or change codes for the deadbolt via the app? Again, am I missing something? Do I need to upgrade to a different controller or a different smart home device provider?

I have the 2245-222 controller.
    The MiLocks have been a very limited offering for Insteon since inception. Using the ISY Series Controller you may be able to extend the functionality of the device such as alert notification.

Keeping in mind the device still does not offer basic lock status feed back. The Z-Wave / ZigBee camp is miles ahead in this area and again if your ISY is Z-Wave enabled you can take advantage of that product line.

The benefit with the ISY can not be understated as it literally allows you to have a hybrid environment of X-10, Insteon, and Z-Wave.
    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Insteon compatible locks do not show their status. Among others, Z-Wave compatible locks allow what you want. I use an ISY which has both Insteon and Z-Wave capabilities, but that may be too costly for your situation.

There are less expensive Z-Wave solutions, however, such as Vera Lite and others.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
      X