intermittent camera function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intermittent camera function

I have two Insteon cameras.. they were working perfectly inside and outside my network with the previously released Hub but will only work within my network, and not all the time, on the Hub II. I have checked the settings for Port Forwarding and they are as they were before with the original Hub. I would have blamed my network but I have another separate camera system independent of Insteon that is still accessible and working when the Insteon cameras are not working.. open to suggestions

I am having the same issue with the Hub II, camera works when on my local network on IOS devices but not when I am not home. I will likely have to call support to attempt to figure this one out.

Comment

Ditto, same problem works on the home wifi network, but not remotely. Previous Hub worked well outside network, actually worked from out-of-country. Configured the camera the same way both times.

Comment

Camera now works wireless with the latest update (5667) and 1.8.5 iOS app, except I can still only view the camera in the app when my iOS device is on the same network as the camera. Anyone have any ideas, camera is semi useless if I can't view it when away from the house.

Comment

Did you do port forwarding at the router?
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I have a similar problem. I bought the Insteon 75790 WIFI camera due to my existing camera system having intermittent problems plus because of the great reviews I've read on the 75790. After buying the camera the install disc was accidentally thrown out, I've tried downloading the software from the website but nothing happens when I click the software button and I need this camera up and running asap! Where else can I find the software for the 75790?

Comment

Working...
            X