Smoke/CO Detectors, Hardwired + Wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke/CO Detectors, Hardwired + Wireless

I've been looking for a wireless smoke & CO detector, line powered with battery backup. It seems that all I can find are wireless smoke/CO detectors that are battery powered only OR AC powered units but with no wireless.

I'm looking for a system of 5 smoke detectors with at least 2 of them smoke & CO, wireless so that a Smoke Bridge can be used to email/msg me.

Unfortunately First Alert does not make such a beast as of yet. As you clearly pointed out the wireless One Link comes in a combination smoke / CO. The hard wired 120 VAC version (One Link) only comes as a smoke sensor.

I really don't see that in the big picture a huge issue because they are all linked to one another. The added benefit of the wireless units is they announce the location of the hazard condition along with low battery, trouble, etc.

The biggest benefit I see with the wireless combination smoke / CO is electrical isolation. Many years ago we had a two week lightning / thunder shower event which literally smoked more than 200 houses in my area.

My (then) hard wired smoke alarm was damaged due to an electrical surge event. If I had not performed my monthly fire check I would not have known they were damaged!

Having isolated and independent units which are all RF linked is a win win situation in my mind. Coupled with it being linked to my security alarm system and having the added bonus of Insteon Smoke Bridge.

Its a very nice integrated system which not only provides peace of mind but great user feed back.
    Teken . . .

Comment

Working...
    X