IP issues with new camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP issues with new camera

Hi, I purchased the indoor camera, (Its GREAT btw) and connected it to my Netgear MR314 router. I am able to access and control the cam through my home wifi, and with my android phone via my wireless while at home. HOWEVER, I think I have correctly programed and setup all the parameters within my wireless router, and within the camera device management pages, but when I use the assigned www address for my camera, it never connects. I am afraid after trying different settings, I may have my router all "jacked up," and maybe some of the camera device management settings wrong while attempting to make corrections. I DO NOT HAVE a Hub as I understood I did not need one for just one camera..??... Any help with setup will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Josh

I'm confused. You state that, "I am able to access and control the cam through my home wifi," and also, "when I use the assigned www address for my camera, it never connects."

Which is it?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Hi Stu,
      At home on my wifi, I can log in to 192.168 xxxxx and can access the camera and the camera controls. When I try to access the camera remotely using the assigned www.myipcamera address, it will not connect.

Comment

Did you forward the port on your router?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I did and for the "most" part, I think I did it correctly

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

By "myipcamera" do you mean that you're using the 192.168 address? Or a website?

Comment

during setup insteon provides you with your own IP address based upon numbers/codes you input. I use the web site, www.axxxxx.myipcamera.org:xxxxx

Comment

That website is affiliated with Foscam. You may want to check with them.

Comment

thanks stu, but how does Foscam come into play when everything I purchased, and everything I have done, filled out, completed, been logged into is
                  an Insteon program or web site.?.

Comment

The website you referred to belongs to the manufacturer of Foscam cameras.

Comment

stu, my camera is an Insteon camera, and it is clearly printed on the base of the camera "Insteon."

Comment

That doesn't change the fact of who owns the website. It's not something I'm guessing at.

Comment

so your recomendation..???

Comment

That website is affiliated with Foscam. You may want to check with them.

Or https://www.google.com/search?q=myip...myipcamera.org

Comment

Thanks Stu, I'll do that and let you know what happens. THANKS for your support thus far.

Comment

Working...
                              X