Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best set up for the main entrance

Hi,

First of all, I apologies for my English, since it is my second language and I rarely speak it.

Secondly, it's my first post here. As we just bought our first house and we are about to make a lot of home improvements, we are considering installing an Insteon system with the ISY994i controller.

The only thing I have problems to figure out, and finding information about it, is how to set up a proper system for the main door answering with video, two way audio, and remote door unlocking.

Per example, since we are frequently doing backyard BBQ get-together, I would like to be able to see who has just arrived, unlock and re-lock the door, and invite them to join us in the backyard from my smartphone...

Any advice, website links, ideas about this?

Thank you in advance.

Most of your request does not involve Insteon devices, but can be integrated with Insteon. In addition to the ISY, you would use an IP camera and a Z-Wavw or Insteon compatible entry lock. If you choose Z-Wave, then you'll need to add a Z-Wave module to the ISY. You'll also need an app such as MobiLinc
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for answering.

And for the two way sound, I should just get an IP cam with it integrated?

Comment

That should work as long as the camera is not too distant from the entry.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X