Outdoor camera and Android & setup issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor camera and Android & setup issues

I just purchased the HD outdoor camera and may have to return it due to the lack of tech support (Insteon and Shart Home).
    Here are my problems so far:
    1) IE will display an image however Chrome is missing the Live Video and setup tabs.
    2) ID, device settings says WiFi is not connected why? I entered the SSID and password.
    3) I do NOT use Insteon hub, I use ISY994i. I cannot find an Android app to work with this camera. Samsung Note 4 and Tab Pro 10.
    I tried IP CAM Remote and tinyCam Monitor. Both will not connect to the camera.
    IE and Chrome on the N4 finds the camera, but will not log in due to the download file which I believe is for a PC only.

Without an Android app, this camera is useless.

Insteon tech support helped me. The guy was very good!

1) Chrome and the camera has some kind of bug that insteon has not resolved to date.
    2) WiFi is now working. Caution, the WiFi IP is different then the wired IP.
    3) Support reviewed the port forwarding with me which is required for the Android phone / tablet to work.
    4) I coulnd not get IP CAM Remote or tinyCam monitor to work. However he suggested Foscam. Unfortunatly there are a number of apps for Foscam.
    The one that I got to work is Foscam Viewer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.ipc.newipc there are probably others that work also.

I am all squared away and a happy camper.

Comment

Working...
    X