Controlling a two-way switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling a two-way switch?

Sorry for the newbee question but a search isn't helping. I need/want to control a two-way switch -- does Insteon make such a thing (our kitchen and lanai lights are controlled by a switch at either end -- would be cool to have a dimmer at least at one end if possible, but even just a switch that I could turn them on and off remotely would be great).

Not a special device but can be done fairly easy.
    You use two Insteon Switches. One fed with the Line, Neutral and the Load wire capped off,
    The other one is wired to Line, Neutral and the Load. Both are cross linked to each other and control the other one.
    Some rewiring maybe needed. In most three way connections.
    The full users manuals for the Insteon switches have information on using them in a three way setup.

Comment

Okay, thanks. Good to know.

Comment

How can this be done between an insteon switch and a "normal" switch?

Comment

Originally posted by bhunt View Post
          How can this be done between an insteon switch and a "normal" switch?
          Cannot. see my response to your other post.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
          X