Setting a dimmer value in Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting a dimmer value in Director

Just getting to work on the new Director app on Android. I have been using Insteon for years now. I have installed and configured a wall switch in Director setting the dimmer value to 50%, However, when I turn the switch on, it goes to 100%. I have set up switches in the Insteon for Hub app with default dimmer values and it has worked. Has anyone else solved this problem?
    Last edited by jreed3728; 07-22-2023, 03:21 PM.

I am also facing the same problem but haven't found a solution yet. Hope someone can help us.
    Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-28-2023, 02:38 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I think you can try resetting the wall switch and reconfiguring it within the Insteon Director app. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for resetting the device and then set up the device again in the app, ensuring that the dimmer value is correctly configured.

Comment

You can try to turn off the Insteon Hub, unplug it from power, and let it sit for about 30 seconds. Then, plug it back in and turn it on. pokedoku

Comment

I tried the reset and power off before I post anything. I have both a dimmer switch and dimmer module. I too cannot get the Director App to save the "On Level" value. There is no save button on the device settings screen (Android). Always goes back to 100%. The dimmer siwtch I just installed today using Director. I sent an email to the Insteon Support team and awaiting a response.

Comment

Hi there,
            Thanks for letting me know about your issue with the Director App not saving the "On Level" value. I have also encountered this problem, and I have yet to find a solution.
            I have tried resetting the Insteon hub and power cycling the devices, but the issue persists. I have also tried using both a dimmer switch and a dimmer module, but neither has worked.
            I have contacted Insteon support, and they are currently investigating the issue. I will let you know if I hear anything back from them.
            In the meantime, I suggest that you create a workaround by using a scene to set the dim level to your desired level. This is not ideal, but it is a temporary solution until the issue is resolved.
            I will continue to monitor the situation and let you know if I find any solutions.

Comment

I would like to program the up/down held scenes to dim the lamp but, it looks like I can only set these scenes to dim to a specific % value

Comment

Working...
              X