The Insteon Center point V2 doesn't seem to help with the gadget-level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Insteon Center point V2 doesn't seem to help with the gadget-level

I have several switches, dimmers, sockets and sensors from Center V2. This is what I saw in case I look at one of my SwitchLinc gadgets, they don't have a "Timetable" selection when I look at the gadget in Windows or Android apps. Anyway, the dimmers really do have a schedule selection on the gadget page. See photos below - "Dimmer", "Switch"

I can find the Timetables tab in the app and successfully re-enter the booked free time Toggle but the gadget is not disabled for the timetable See image "Timetable"

I realize there is a workaround to put the Switch in the scene, but I'm fascinated that the focal point will allow you to program a schedule for the gadget (in the schedules tab), but it doesn't seem to track it at the moment. I'm really sure that no gadgets (switches or dimmers) really have an internal scheduler, so accept that the focal point is just not sending on/off at schedule time.

I noticed that for each gadget there is a section called "Gadget Subtleties" and it seems to contain a hexadecimal image of the item's design. I've noticed that sample gadgets that don't seem to have a schedule selection in the app's gadget tab don't have a bit of respect 4 in this "snack" mood. I keep thinking if this is a sign and wondering if it makes sense for some of the weird issues some people detail that "plans don't work"
    Last edited by INSTEON John; 06-01-2023, 09:23 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Hello, Variations in scheduling options: It appears that there may be inconsistencies in the availability of scheduling options for different types of gadgets in the Center V2 app. Some gadgets, like dimmers, have a schedule selection, while others, like switches, do not. This could be a design choice by the app developers or a limitation of certain gadgets' capabilities. "Gadget Details" section: The presence or absence of a hexadecimal image in the "Gadget Details" section may be related to the specific features or functionalities of each gadget. It's possible that gadgets with different hexadecimal images have varying capabilities or characteristics, which could explain the differences in their behavior or available options. Compatibility and troubleshooting: If you are experiencing issues with scheduling or other functionalities within the Center V2 app, it may be helpful to consult the official documentation, user guides, or support channels provided by the app developers. They should be able to provide more specific guidance or troubleshooting steps tailored to your situation. UPSers Login
    Last edited by Abigailconway; 06-28-2023, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X