Switch Firmware Revision Notes Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch Firmware Revision Notes Wanted

Trying to understand some possible odd behaviors with some older switches. Where can I find the switch firmware (ex 2477D, Rev 7.4) release notes? Knowing a particular revision anomalies can be very helpful.

I know what a 2477D switch is. But what is a 2477DR?

Thanks.
    Last edited by gcsteiner; 12-20-2022, 07:19 PM.

I don't believe they ever released that data.
    I never saw it in the developers group. When it was active.
    I have seen the R suffix on a part number. In my case it meant it was purchased in a Recertified sale and only had a 30 day exchange DOA warranty.
    I got two new 2450 I/OLinc modules under the Retail pert number 2822-292R. Revision 2.5
    I have seen and downloaded manuals for modules with a firmware level.

Comment

Thanks and thanks. The R suffix makes sense. The unit has a sticker on a sticker where the 2477DR is placed on top of the original sticker.

Comment

The "R" suffix on a model number indicted it was a returned and refurbished product. In some industries, it is called "B-stock".

For firmware release notes, like most industries, those updates are kept internally and not released to the public. for example, do you really need to know that the thickness of a material was increased from 4.5 to 4.6mm? Naturally, within the open-source community, every byte is documented.

Comment

Working...
        X