Problems with Alexa controlling insteon devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Alexa controlling insteon devices

For the past couple of days, every time I ask Alexa to turn my lights on or off, it takes several tries to get it to work. Has anyone else had that problem? I haven't yet paid the subscription for the app access. I was about to do that, and then this trouble started. If these problems are indicative of future capability, then I don't know if it's worth the subscription fee.

I have been having the same problem and I already paid

update 12/20/2022
    It seemed random at the time but working great for the past couple of months
    Last edited by Bobby A; 12-20-2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Same here. I paid for a 2-year subscription back in June. My Alexa integration had been working fine since the servers were turned back on, until yesterday.

Comment

Yes, experiencing the same issue. There's also a post on reddit so it seems to be a legitimate issue with the Alexa integration. I posted the following on reddit:
        I’ve been experiencing this occasionally for the past few days. Strange thing is, some switches respond reliably while others do not. (Or maybe that’s just coincidence on my end). It appears isolated to the Alexa skill because even when Alexa is complaining, I can still operate the switch from the Insteon app and from my home automation app.

Comment

Having the exact same problems for the last few days. Works sometimes but mostly not, especially routines setup in the Alexa app.
          Was always rock solid for years before the Insteon servers went down and then rock solid once the new owners turned the servers back on. Alexa works perfect for other non-Insteon smart devices so must be an Insteon issue communicating with the Alex system. There clearly must be an issue here...

Comment

Having the same issue as well. I should have checked the forum first I’ve been pulling my hair out. I’m semi relieved that I’m not alone with the Alexa/Insteon issues. Hoping for a resolution soon.
            Last edited by pixlpush@gmail.com; 09-26-2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Having the same issues as everyone else. Please fix.

Comment

Things seem to be working again this morning for me. Actually better than they’ve ever worked. Fingers crossed that it’s fixed. Curious if everyone else is up and running again too?
                Last edited by pixlpush@gmail.com; 09-28-2022, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I'd like to hear from the new Insteon owners regarding this issue.

Comment

I’ve had some success with disabling the Insteon skill in the Alexa phone app and then re-enabling it. Seemed to help make things work again. Your mileage may vary

Comment

Hello all, around this time we did have a brief period when the servers were having issues. Everything should be working smoothly now.
                      However, if you are having any issues, please reach out to our support team directly so we can provide personalized support.

Comment

I am having similar issues. Alexa controlling Insteon scenes worked fine 2 days ago. Not now. The Insteon scenes work fine as do other Alexa skills. Tried disable/enable - no joy. Version 1 hub, so no help from Insteon.

Comment

Working...
                        X