Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Module 2634-222 discontinued - alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Module 2634-222 discontinued - alternatives?

Hello Everyone,

Today, I learned from an Insteon vendor that the aforementioned has been discontinued; perhaps a newer version is forthcoming?

Until a replacement materializes, has anyone installed any of the Insteon AC outlets in a garage that may see sub-zero (celsius) temperatures? I understand they are not rated for cold exposure, but I wonder if there would be some tolerance. My garage is connected to the house, but I suspect the ambient temperature may dip to sub zero during cold winter days.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Have a great day!

Todd

FWIW...My contact at Insteon said they are expecting more of those units (2634-222) in December 2020 sometime.

Comment

Thank you, SeanM! That is promising news. I will check again with my vendor in a few weeks.

Comment

FWIW, I've had several outlets installed in unheated areas for many years. No failures to date. This is in central NH so they see well below zero (F) temps every winter.

Comment

I have been using a Outdoor Module 2634-222 to control my electric car (Prius) battery charger (rated at 10 amps). As the Outdoor Module 2634-222 aged, it began to fail. The light would turn green, but power wasn't getting to the plug. After inspecting the prongs on my Prius charger, I saw Arc pitting / burns. I filed the prongs and the Outdoor Module 2634-222 would provide power to the battery charger sometimes, but only if I inserted the prongs 90% into the Outdoor Module 2634-222.

Comment

Working...
          X