Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I control On Button Light on 6 Button 2334-232?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I control On Button Light on 6 Button 2334-232?

I have a 6 Button Dimmer 2334-232 controlling a Fan Linc. All seems to be working fine for Light and for Fan. However, when I press the Main OFF button and the Fan Lights go off, I would like the 6 button ON button to be lite. Now, only the Off button is lite. I feel if the On button is lite with the light is off, one has a chance of seeing it in the dark. I set up using the phone app and have 2 Devices (6-button and Fan-linc). I have 6 Scenes (4 for fan and 1 for On and 1 for Off).

Thanks for the reply. 1) How does one change a 6-Button to a 8 Button? 2) Also, I assume buttons a & b are the fan buttons. Fan buttons have no issues. I would like the Main ON button always lite or at least lite when Fan Light is off and the room is dark.

Comment

Are you using a HUB, ISY994i or doing the manual set button setup routines?

If no one gets you an answer. It is in the full users manual you can down load from the sales site. Along with the 8 button replacement kit if you want to change the keypad.
      I understand some just change the keypads setup and still use the original 6 button set.

Comment

djande4 says he wants the On button to be bright enough so one has a chance of seeing it in the dark. He must currently have the background LED brightness level (the brightness when a button is off) set way too low, or maybe turned down completely. He should follow the instructions in the manual to adjust the LED brightness. No need to change the keypad to the 8-Button configuration. The normal operation of the 6-Button keypad should work just fine for the fan and light.

To adjust the LED brightness of the 6-Button keypad: 1) Simultaneously tap the A and D buttons (keypad will beep). 2) Press and hold the On button to increase the LED brightness to the desired level or press and hold the Off button to decrease the LED brightness to the desired level. 3) When you have reached the desired brightness, simultaneously tap the A and D buttons again (keypad will beep).

I personally have 11 keypads around the house, and believe me, even with their LED brightness level set fairly low, at night the keypads act as nightlights. One can easily find their way around the house without any of the lights being turned on, and one can easily identify the On button of each 6-Button keypad even though the On button is in the off state.

Comment

Working...
        X