Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a water shutoff device for existing valve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a water shutoff device for existing valve.

Im looking for a water shutoff system that works with my existing water valve that I can also control with a 2450 IOLinc. I've found several like the Dome or this one you see in the photo but I dont see how this could be controlled with a 2450. Anyone have a recommendation?

Capture.PNG

It may depend on the exact method used to control it. Can you give us a model number you are looking at?

If it has a Open and a Closed connection with a built in limit switch. So you don't have to remove the control voltage. You could wire the 2450 NC and NO relay outputs to the actuator control inputs. With the common to the relay common to the control voltage. Turning the I/OLinc relay on and off. Would open and close the valve.

This depends on the exact way the actuator works, if it can have the open or closed voltage on it all the time. The voltage and current are within the I/OLincs relay specification.
    Last edited by BLH; 12-22-2019, 06:19 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

Unfortunately everything I have found seems to work with a standalone wifi app. If im reading the docs correctly the devices have wifi which you setup via an app and dont appear to have any type of external control.

Comment

Working...
      X