Some switches stopped communicating with the Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some switches stopped communicating with the Hub

Some of my switches lost communication with my Hub yesterday. Everything was working fine in the morning and then some of the switches just randomly stopped communicating with the Hub. The state of the device in the app indicates that it is off. When I attempt to turn it on, it just spins and remains off (no yellow indicator light). I unplugged the Hub and restarted it, which didn't make a difference. The only thing I can do is to delete the device and reinstall it. I have to remove the device from all the scenes and when I try to delete it, I have to force remove it since the Hub doesn't recognize it. I have at least 60 devices of which at least 20 have stopped communicating, the other ones are working fine. Going through the reinstallation process is very laborious and frustrating . Any suggestions to reestablish communication of all the devices more quickly would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    - I have the latest Hub and it is up to date.

Most of the switches in my house are dual band and the ones that I have reprogrammed so far are definitely dual band. I was trying to think of any new electronics that I added and I haven't added any. The only thing I did is to clean up some wires in an electrical box. It was on one breaker so I turned the breaker off to see if it would solve the communication issue, and it didn't.I'll double check with my son when he gets home from work to see if he added any electronics.
    BTW, is scenario happens with my system every so often but it usually just involves one or two switches.

Comment

Working...
    X