Reliability of Cloud Integration with Insteon Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliability of Cloud Integration with Insteon Hub

I am having issues with simple scheduling of Insteon light switches paired to an Insteon Hub (2245). Trying to setup a scene with a schedule often required the painful process of manually pairing some switches (which I assume is because those switches are older and do not go into pairing mode remotely) but just controlling the lights from the app seems to solidly work. So instead of using the terrible Insteon app I thought I would use a cloud integration such as Stringify or Yonomi. I assume that with these cloud services the switches are not paired together but are rather just sent individual commands for each light to turn off. Plus Stringify is a much better programming platform and allows many more things.

The trouble I am having is that the schedules I set up in the cloud are not executing reliably. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the cloud services or perhaps I am overloading the Insteon hub by sending too many individual requests for switches to turn on at the same time (meaning the hub does not know how to coalesce the requests or time them so that all commands execute reliably). Does anyone have experience with this?

I should also mention that most of the Insteon switches are 13 years old and were previously paired with a PLM running the original HouseLinc software. I did not factory reset the switches when I paired them with the hub. Could that be causing my problems?
Working...
X