Default Switch Setting after power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Switch Setting after power outage

Is there a way to set the initial state of switches so they are turned to OFF instead of full on after a power outage? I travel quite a bit, and we have more power glitches than I would like. My preference would be to come home and not find that all of my lights have been on steady for several weeks.

Thanks TF.. I might have to give this another try (kill ckt brkrs) to see if the issue was due to my testing prior to having everything fully programmed.. however; having a routine to kill all lights at a pre-selected time each day is more of a band-aid and not what I'd call a final solution. Although, as I typed this I realized that I could enable a scene like this when I'm on the road. And then again, it won't solve the problems of the bedroom overheads snapping on bright if we have a momentary outage in the middle of the night.

Comment

I believe it was operator error. I have a lot of 3 and 4 way switches in play and I think what I was experiencing was the result of the state of a single switch in my 1st 4-way that I hadn't completely cross paired when I was setting everything up. I killed a ckt brkr while installing a second set of 3-ways and even though all lights were off when I turned off the breaker they all came on when I restored the breaker. I know I had a lot of problems with the cross paring and redid everything after all wiring was done. The problem must have been resolved at that time. My apologies for an unneeded post.

Comment

Working...
      X