can't get google home to turn off a scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't get google home to turn off a scene

anyone tried to get google home working with insteon hub?
    I can get it to do everything I want with the insteon thermostat, turn on and off some lights, but I would much prefer to control insteon scene rather than individual switch otherwise lights go off, but insteon keypad buttons stays on...
    anyone succeed at turning off scenes (for some reasons I have some success at turning them ON)

and seems like I can't control any I/O link with google home. annoying as I can't control le prinklers, garage door, water valve...
    if I create a scene with a I/O link, the scene does not show in google app. but a scene without i/o link will show up

thanks!

hum, if anyone face that issue, insteon switches are seen are lights (obviously) so you can ask google home to turn them on of off.
    but scenes are seens a equipment. so you have to say "stop XYZ" instead.

Comment

The iolinc isn't supported in the echo due to security concerns and potential liabilities (whether perceived or real). Because of that, I would believe the same would hold true for the Google home.

Comment

I don't use the hub except for some rest devices so I can't comment on how it behaves with the extra buttons on the keypads. With that said, the home can control scenes in general if you control the exact scene itself instead of the individual devices.

Comment

Working...
        X